Essential Wedding Photography Checklist for the Photographer
One of the best things you can have to reminiscent the memorable and beautiful days of your wedding is the wedding photographs. These moments are the ones that can never come back to you again .The wedding photography checklist comes to rescue in this time of tension and huge confusion. The couples emphasize on making this checklist so that they do not miss on capturing these significant moments of their life.
One of the important steps is, preparing a wedding photography checklist
Many a times, people are not able to provide sufficient information and intricate details of a wedding ceremony to the photographer. Amidst the chaos, the photographer in most cases ends up in taking family photographs only and misses out on taking the intricate details of the events like photos of the couples in their best moods. The photographer seems to be at a loss.
So the best way to guide the photographer is to provide him a timeline of all the events and some wedding photography tips .In this way you will be able to guide him in taking the photographs of the perfect moments without missing out on the special aspects.
It is also important that you choose a professional photographer who is talented and skillful in taking the best wedding photos, so that you don’t have to compromise with the quality of the photographs.
To provide a note of details to the photographer
Most photographers do their best to capture the important parts of your wedding such as the emotions, the places, the ceremonies. But weddings are fast paced events with lot of activities taking place at the venue .The note of details provided to the photographer acts as a cue for him as to what the client’s desires are and how he should go about it in taking the best wedding photos. It is extremely important that the one who is preparing the list of details should not miss out on any relevant point. The list should cater to the following details as given below:
- Before the ceremony the events that should be captured can be enlisted such as the venue decoration, the bride dressing up for the ceremony, the groom preparing himself for the big day, leaving for the ceremony.
- At the ceremony the significant moments are like the arrival of the guests at the venue the guests mingling with each other, the maid of honor entering, the flower girls arriving, the groom waiting at the altar, bride and the best man entering, the bride being given away by the best man, exchanging of vows, exchanging of rings and many more.
The wedding portraits are an essential part of the wedding photography checklist where the photographer is supposed capture shots of the full length of the bride while she is getting decked up for the big day. The ceremonial customs can make her fatigued so it is best to take her photographs when she is all set to walk down the aisle with her best man. She may seems to be nervous but this is the time when she can be made to feel comfortable and distract her from all the anxiety; by getting her involved in taking her best shots.
This is an important event in her life and the people who are important in her life make her feel loved, cared and comfortable. So the photographer must keep it in mind that he takes the wedding pictures of the bride along with her parents, friends, maid of honor, and best man.
Any kind of social marriages signifies the coming together of all the family members who have played such an important role in the lives of the couple. So the wedding photographs are incomplete without the perfect family photograph along with the newly wed.
After the ceremony do capture shots of the bride and groom leaving the venue, the toss of the bridal garter ,the celebration that takes place after the wedding ,the reception ,wedding cake cutting ceremony ,the exchange of gifts ,the raising of the toast , at the end the getaway car.
Wedding photography tips that can be of some help
- Not to be obtrusive: The wedding photography checklist should mention certain important factors that you feel is important for the photographer to consider while taking the clicks. The guests and the couple should not feel disturbed and uncomfortable while taking the photographs as that may get reflected in the pictures.
- Make it as natural as possible.
- Try using the diffuse light options.